Monday, August 2, 2010

Notes on Manifesting

If you build it, they will come.
Field of Dreams

As of late I've found that, if you are open to accepting it, the universe provides you with what you need. Not possessions and material goods, but things you actually need. Since becoming receptive to this concept, I have experienced several instances of universal responsiveness to my unconscious necessities. 

A few weeks after having Tallulah she started to suffer from colic making it nearly impossible for either of us to sleep. We went shopping for a crib thinking maybe this would help our situation and while waiting for our transaction to be completed, I sat down to nurse her. A large, zoftic woman entered the store, saw me breast-feeding, and without so much as introducing herself proceeded to march over to me, grab my boob and show me how to nurse properly. While at the time a was more than a little taken aback, that night I was thanking my lucky stars that I had encountered this bold, wonderful woman as her lack of hesitation to offer me assistance had greatly helped me and my new baby.

A few weeks later, faced with munchkin's extreme constipation which caused her to grunt in discomfort for hours throughout the day and night, I was in search of a solution. My family and I went out to eat and met a petite blonde woman named Lee who we later nicknamed Lovely Lee. She just happened to be doula in-training, a baby yoga instructor, and an overall doll. She offered some wonderful tips on how to ease her irritation. She also gave me peace of mind in a situation in which anxiety was beginning to gather.

There have been many such happenings in the last few months, and the numbers only continue to increase as my openness to them widens. Manifesting that your demands will be satisfied is a sort of catalyst to living the life you want as the more you manifest the more everything falls into place and the greater your belief in the concept becomes. Focusing on the lack of what you desire will only bring more of the lack in to your space whereas living as if everything you yearn for is already at your fingertips will attract more of what you wish for to you. If you need proof, try it.

You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an inner exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world.
-Sheila Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment